JBJ NanoCube + Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haggus75

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I'm looking for some idea on how to setup a sump for my Nanocube(12 gallon)... I would like to make some hole in the back of the hood to place to pipe to go to the sump and return. And in there I would install my skimmer...

But i dont know how I would do the setup so the water will go down in the sump... and the return can be done by a pump. Do I install a pump in the Nanocube to push water to the sump and another one in the sump to push back water in the nanocube. If it's the case could you suggest wich model I should use.

So any idea would be very appreciated... or any picture/diagram

Thank you,
Martin

I have not heard of anyone putting a sump inline with a nanocube. I have a 12gal nano deluxe and I am not sure if it would work. You can check out www.nanocustoms.com and www.nano-reef.com for ideas on modifications and customs. Good luck and keep us posted.

I can't see any reason why you can't put a sump on a small tank. You have all the same design criteria as any sump system. Sumps benefit small tanks a lot more than larger ones.

I have not ever seen any sump system work with two pumps, it may be impossible to get the two pumps to precisely match their flows.

That is why everyone uses a gravity feed, or siphon. The siphon automatically adjusts to match the flow of the return pump.

Overflow Syphon

Hi,

So i could DIY Overflow Syphon box... And put the syphon tube in chamber 2 or 3 in the back compartment of the JBJ Nanocube.

Could it work... need your input on that as I'm really new to this.

Thank you,
Martin

Attachments

• overflow_syphon_box.jpg
    overflow_syphon_box.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 255
    overflow_syphon_box.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 189
    overflow_syphon_box.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 275