Just bought jbj cubey 3 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horvy19

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thoughts, experience with it, upgrades, things to look out for? Thinking a few corals two sexy shrimp and small goby or ?? What do you guys think?

Get At least three sexy shrimp and a neon goby will work fine.You can also put in a Golden coral banded shrimp.
Mine is the three gallon Pico,25 watt heater from Walmart and got an extra Pico filter ,which gives great flow with filters on both sides of the back.
You need to do a 50 % water change every two weeks and you will need to top off with RO water daily as needed.

there is no need to protein skim with 3 gallons right. Im gonna be doing weekly water changes. Would really like a citron goby. Why 3 sexy shrimp?

my citron is quite large BUT clown gobies could work. I have two of them and they are adorable. ANd yep, sexy shrimp do better in odd numbers for some reason.

Thought they were the same. On the one site I used to look up fish sometimes it said clown goby and that were the same. But now I just read they look the same when young.

Not happy with jbj. Tank arrived today so I tested it out over by the sink, ran it with pump for 20 min with no leaks. So I set up in my room with sand and live rock was running good for two hours then I noticed pump chamber starting to fill up to top. It has started leaking from main tank to pump chamber. Wtf talked to jbj and filled out their warranty form. Now jbj is closed. Find out more tomorrow.

image-670635140.jpg

image-632381811.jpg

image-2328058908.jpg

image-2535875065.jpg

Used pure ammonia to start my cycle. 1/16 of a cup put me at 6 so now we wait. Are there any corals I should avoid with the clown goby cause I heard they eat some types. Tank cleaned up nicely and think I'm happy with the rock scape. It's so hard cause there is not a lot of room in this little sucker.

image-3426928576.jpg

image-2416194142.jpg

Looks good. :) My clown gobies have not bothered my corals, only thing they do is perch on some of them lol

Looks good. :) My clown gobies have not bothered my corals, only thing they do is perch on some of them lol

Starting to like jbj they are sending me a new one in two days but dont want the old one back and I have fixed it already. Now I need to figure out where to put another one.

Back
Top Bottom