My new nano tank baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warhorseart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My first and only fish. Fingers crossed I never leave the top off. This guys a jumper

image-1033804999.jpg

I have my firefish on an open top rimless and luckily he has never jumped. he stays pretty much towards the bottom so I guess that helps. lol

Pretty fish, good luck with him!

Carey,

I've been trying to decide on a good nano fish and love the firefish but have been scared of jumpers. As I was acclimating this guy I had the cover for the tank over the bucket and he would hit the lid so about an 11" jump. He's much calmer now that he's in the tank. Very pretty although he's missing the top of his dorsal fin. I'm sure it will grow back!

Steph

The top fin will grow back in a bout 2 weeks or so. Happened to mine once but if you don't have a top make sure not to spook him for the first month or so you have em. They get spooked real easy when you first get them

My firefish has been living without a lower jaw for several months now and he does just fine for himself. lol Wish that would grow back, he just has a round hole where his mouth used to be,. Poor little guy

Some firefish dart for cover and others dart for an aerial assault. The 1 I have in an open top 20g has a perfect firefish sized cave he found in the middle of a piece of live rock. It's surprising how quickly he can swim into that little opening.

My firefish has been living without a lower jaw for several months now and he does just fine for himself. lol Wish that would grow back, he just has a round hole where his mouth used to be,. Poor little guy

How does he eat!

My poor firefish actually will dart into the food and if it fits in the hole of his mouth he eats it, if not he darts into another piece of food and tried again. lol

It's truly surprising how fast fire fish are. I thought my Hillstream loaches in my fresh tank were fast... But my fire fish could swim laps around them.

Back
Top Bottom