New 14G Biocube!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Natural reefs run from 1.023 to 1.026, so there is room to work with. There was a time where my reef always clocked in at 1.028. I slowly brought it down over time, but that is as high as you should run a reef tank.

So is it bad I'm contemplating on selling my kessil and getting a nanobox...anyone have any experience or more knowledge on the nanobox? Is it worth trading out the kessil?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I absolutely love my tide, but it wasn't cheap, and the kessil is definitely an awesome light

I absolutely love my tide, but it wasn't cheap, and the kessil is definitely an awesome light

The mini didn't seem too bad, 250 and comes with a gooseneck. I saw a post saying they are going to start coming with the bluefish wireless controller as well! I think with everything I paid 380

The mini didn't seem too bad, 250 and comes with a gooseneck. I saw a post saying they are going to start coming with the bluefish wireless controller as well! I think with everything I paid 380

That's $100 cheaper than when I bought mine, woulda gone with a duo if they were cheaper too. The new bluefish controller looks awesome too.

Hey all!! Been a while since I've updated this bad boy! Been busy with work and wedding plans. So I'm sitting home now with a nice new bubble tip and looking at the rock that's attached I'm thinking there are worms on the rock. Can anyone identify them?

Will get more pics up later of everything!

Woke up this morning to find one very happy baby clown fish in its new home :)

And an updated FTS

Thanks Sand Dollar! Been trying to slowly fill the tank with some pieces! I've been neglecting it a bit with work but am focused back on it now. Water change tomorrow and religious testing weekly!

Got my scape just how I've wanted it finally!! Plenty of room for corals now :D

New FTS

on a side note, where should I place my Duncan's. You think they look like this because of too much light? Everyone else is fine and just did a water change. They are budding new heads though, could that be it?

New FTS looks great, so with all that new space should we expect to see new pick ups soon??!?

As for the Duncan, I've heard they can restrict when getting new heads but mine usually don't. They do often close over the night at some point then open again when the lights come back on. I know you have higher lighting than I do, but mine are in full light on the sand bed. Could it be flow? Mine don't like direct powerful flow (like right in front of a power head) but also really don't like dead spots in the water, if anything they do better with higher flow than lower...in my tank anyway! Move it around and give it a couple days in each spot to see how it reacts.

Thanks Sand Dollar!! They've gotten better yesterday and today, probably due to all the moving I did and the sand I kicked up probably. On another note, look who was tucked away in bed! :D

Update time! Got rid of the nem because it was getting a bit too big lol! Got some goodies instead :)

Captain America Palys

RRC Hades Inferno

Galaxia

Trachy (need a less blue pic)

Red with blue tip goni

Someone help me out with this problem!! So recently I lost my torch, frogspawn and one head of hammers. They just left their spot, I forget what it's called. I haven't check water quality yet due to work being busy but yet other corals (ie my goniporoa) are thriving and popping out new heads!?! What's the issue here. I didn't switch around the lighting times and did a bigger water change like a week and a half ago.

Back
Top Bottom