New 4g work desk tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everything seem to be doing ok except I lost at least one zoa polyp that I can tell. Red mushroom is doing much better than the blue. Gsp is loving the light already got some new growth started there.

So everyday there's a little less algae. My zoas appear to growing some new polyps and mushrooms are expanding and the skunk cleaner shrimp is happy just chillin in his cave

Everything seem to be doing ok except I lost at least one zoa polyp that I can tell. Red mushroom is doing much better than the blue. Gsp is loving the light already got some new growth started there.

Everything sounds good! I love cleaners... So fun to watch :)

I almost bought a fire red shrimp yesterday but the store I was in wanted $30 for one and a store across town sells them for $17

Skunk cleaners are by far my favourite to watch but for $160 they can stay at the shop this tank is awesome I'd love one at my work but unfortunately as a welder it would be a problem haha good luck with it

Just picked up 4 sexy shrimp. These guys are tiny compared to the one I already have

I put my 5 sexy shrimp and my pompom crab in the tank today. Another plus all the algae has cleared up. All my corals opened up nicely. all parameters stayed perfect over the long weekend.

What are you doing for top off for this tank? I just finished cycling my 5 gallon work tank and I am not sure what route to take for top off. I have just been doing manual top offs but Im worried about the weekends. I am not losing a lot of evap, but enough that it may affect corals once I start stocking.

I'm just doing manual top offs only had about a third of a cup evaporate over the long weekend. Just keep your eye on the levels everyday and before you put anything in you should already have a pretty good idea of how much evaporation your tank has

I put my 5 sexy shrimp and my pompom crab in the tank today. Another plus all the algae has cleared up. All my corals opened up nicely. all parameters stayed perfect over the long weekend.

Sounds great! Would love to see some pics! Have you seen the pompom much, or is it hiding most of the time? Just curious because I added one to the 3g about 3 weeks ago and it's been hiding up until yesterday.

Haven't seen him since he hit the water but they are usually good after a week or two and start to explore a bit more. I put on into my gfs tank last year and thought it was dead till I caught a glimpse of it about six months later it is out and about all the time now

Pompoms are amazing :) I couldn't believe about their relationship with nems when I first read about it.

Haha, my only word of caution is to watch out for the anemone - pretty sure that's aiptasia in case you haven't already identified it.

Yeah that's the bad part, and the only way it would be in my tank. Still there little dance Is the best

They must keep it contained cause. That's the only aiptasia I can see in that tank. My puffer tank is a different story killed 15 last night

Back
Top Bottom