New BioCube 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BassSoLow

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wow! It's been a long time since I posted here.

My last tank bit the dust earlier in 2015 from some funky worms that just wouldn't quit, so I finally decided to get a new nano going last weekend. I figured I would share what I have done so far.

The tank is a Coralife BioCube 14. I used Hawain Black live sand in this tank to allow my live rock to really pop. The live rock is Tonga Branch.

I swapped out the stock pump for the Hydor Pico 1200 to increase the flow. I also added a Hydor nano 240 powerhead.

I took out the bio balls as well and used a combination of purigen, chemipure, seachem matrix bio, and a little bit of filter floss in compartment #2. I did leave the sponge in compartment #3 with the pump.

I also removed the lid and added the AI Prime light to assist with the thank running too hot. Before I did this, the tank was running at 84-85 degrees due to the lights being so close to the surface water. Increasing the flow with the new pump and powerhead also helped. The temperature is now 78-79 regularly.

I also have an Aqueon Pro 50 heater, magnetic cleaner, and made a simple aquarium top from egg crate.

I don't have any livestock yet, but I am looking to add a pair of clowns (maybe snowflakes), a six line rasse, some snails, and a cleaner shrimp. I will also be adding coral a ways down the road.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my tank. Here's a picture.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454553258.225968.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454553391.157104.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Duplicate post from app.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454600860.544553.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454600860.544553.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 109
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454600869.529504.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454600869.529504.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 110
Wow! It's been a long time since I posted here.

My last tank bit the dust earlier in 2015 from some funky worms that just wouldn't quit, so I finally decided to get a new nano going last weekend. I figured I would share what I have done so far.

The tank is a Coralife BioCube 14. I used Hawain Black live sand in this tank to allow my live rock to really pop. The live rock is Tonga Branch.

I swapped out the stock pump for the Hydor Pico 1200 to increase the flow. I also added a Hydor nano 240 powerhead.

I took out the bio balls as well and used a combination of purigen, chemipure, seachem matrix bio, and a little bit of filter floss in compartment #2. I did leave the sponge in compartment #3 with the pump.

I also removed the lid and added the AI Prime light to assist with the thank running too hot. Before I did this, the tank was running at 84-85 degrees due to the lights being so close to the surface water. Increasing the flow with the new pump and powerhead also helped. The temperature is now 78-79 regularly.

I also have an Aqueon Pro 50 heater, magnetic cleaner, and made a simple aquarium top from egg crate.

I don't have any livestock yet, but I am looking to add a pair of clowns (maybe snowflakes), a six line rasse, some snails, and a cleaner shrimp. I will also be adding coral a ways down the road.

Anyways, thanks for letting me share my tank. Here's a picture.
View attachment 284472
View attachment 284473

Don't do a 6 line in this small of a tank, bad idea, they're extremely active fish and will turn very aggressive in this small of a tank. Keep in mind your really only working with 10-12 gals in your display. If you must add a 3rd fish (id stick to 2 but it's your tank) go with a docile fish like a clown or shrimp goby (one of the small ones not a watchman) or one of the smaller blennies. These don't share the same space in the tank as a clown and are much better options than a 6 line

I was thinking about that actually. A Goby would be a nice addition. Thanks for the help.

Possum wrasse and pink streaked wrasses stay small but highly recommend shrimp goby pair fun to watch as long as u don't mind having destroyed sign

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom