new clownfish!!! but going crazy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a new clown fish on sunday and I put him in my 8 gallon biocube. All the water is perfect and I dripped him for a good 30 mins. The only thing is, is that he is acting crazy. Like swimming really fast everywhere. I dont know if something is wrong or what because he looks fine but he just will not clam down. Have you guys ever gotten a clown that would do this or what? Thanks for the help :)

Well 30 min is really short time for acclimating. And 8 gallons is really smAll. He should be okay tho they are hardy. Just give it some time.

Well we have always done 30 mins and he is really small, likes not even an inch. Do you think the pump is to big for him? It is an 160gph pump.

30 minutes is fine. most fish you don't even need to drip, just float the bag and add. you waste more water for really not much difference.

shrimp and stars are what you should be dripping though, they are more sensitive to salinity changes

ph 8.1, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate about 5

the temp is around 77 and the thing is, is that it looks like he is having a hard time swimming. Idk if the pump is to big or not. Also he has not eaten a lot (or what I have seen) and I am feeding him the same stuff the LFS feeds them and I am trying flakes too. Idk if I should be worried or not.

No it wouldn't be flow because he would just go to another area and hide. You might have said but what other fish are in the tank if any? Any coral? And clowns are called clowns for one reason everyone of them acts crazy lol.

He is the only one in the tank but I am about to get a cleaner shrimp today. I have a nice zoo in there and 2 hermit crabs.

Back
Top Bottom