New powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigFudge

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am not a fan of my aquaeon power head, the thin plastic part breaks too easily and then it can't be suctioned. I've replaced it once, came home while having work done on my roof today and it's broken again in the same spot. Any suggestions for a good power head for biocube29? I've only ever used the one and I hate it lol

Koralia is a solid product. And then there's the Vortech MP's.

I had 2 koralia power heads and upgraded to the mp10. It's amazing.

Both great products. Dollars are the difference! MP's definately the best if you have the money!

Holey Moley @ mp10 Vortech price... But I wawnt that... haha. But I Really like the koralia products. Would it be better to get two smaller ones and place them on opposite sides or one bigger one on one side to direct the flow towards my filtration? and what would be best gph-wise for my sized tank?

BigFudge said:
Holey Moley @ mp10 Vortech price... But I wawnt that... haha. But I Really like the koralia products. Would it be better to get two smaller ones and place them on opposite sides or one bigger one on one side to direct the flow towards my filtration? and what would be best gph-wise for my sized tank?

I'd go get he mp!!

But seriously if it's too much and that's totally understandable. I'd do 2 Koralia's one on each side.

for 25 gal would 2 240 gph ph's be good or 2 420 gph ph's? ha i cant make myself spend that much on a powerhead, even as much as i want it. :(

BigFudge said:
for 25 gal would 2 240 gph ph's be good or 2 420 gph ph's? ha i cant make myself spend that much on a powerhead, even as much as i want it. :(

I know what you mean I want it to but it's too much.

Why don't you try 2 420's on a wave maker?

That's what I'm planning to do.

The 2 425's will be fine. I had them on the Hydor smartwave and really wasn't that impressed.

If you put it on anything shorter then an hour your gonna hear the clicking of the power heads turning off and on. The tank is in my bed room so it drove me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom