OK...OK...stop twisting my arm!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, I just had some very good news and I'm not as poor as I was yesterday. I need a good book to read on nanoreefs...not that I'm going to set one up or anything...:uhoh:...or nano salt water stuff, like 5 gallon wise. Any suggestions?

Are you one of the two who won with Powerball lottery? :?: You could buy a lot of fish with that :!:

:lol: not THAT good of news...If it was that good I would be asking how big a tank should be for a dolphin! No, I just have a little more expendable income and would like to start...I mean read about starting...a nanoreef. Not even a nanoreef, maybe a...FOWLR I guess it's called.

Hm, not to send anyone away from here as most of the people here are amazingly great....and the place I am refering you to has a ton of jacka%#es. Do some searching, but no posts. Most people just chew you up for asking where as here, they realize you have to do that to learn. Ok

www.nano-reef.com

Stay here though. Just let me say this...I joined nano not long after joining here, i have almost 1600 posts here, where as I dont even know if I have 16 over there. There is some good info, you just have to find it.

awesome site d9hp, thanks!

Just a side note: I looked in the book library of this forum and saw the conscientious marine aquarist, Amazon has the hardcover for less than $30, I'm just coming back from Border's--they had the softcover for $40!!! I guess it pays to shop around. One question--I read a bit of the book, and the author seems to like UGFs and crushed coral substrates in marine aquariums. I've never heard anyone in here talk about that, I guess most people favor (correct me if I'm wrong) the "Berlin" method?

Oh...well did you ever hear of someone using an UGF and crushed coral? I guess what I'm getting at is this: Is this book worth the $30 or is it outdated? Is there a better book?

that is how our old tank is set up shaw on the recommendation of lfs with some old books also for added help..but i still like the books now i just skip through the pages on set up and come to the board.

I'm not trying to send anyone away from here either, but what inspired me to do the 5 was this site and they have a forum, I've never posted there only because I like it here too much :D But I'm sure they would have info on how they set up theirs and fish and so on, I just love looking at his pics! http://www.oc-creative.com/reef/index.asp

Back
Top Bottom