please tell me what this is????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanonick4710

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed this on one of my rocks a few days ago. Its pretty big so im sure its been there for a while. I just dont know what it is. Any help would be great. Thanks
img_872805_0_0ded69c84bee5ff4075458a2571977af.jpg

It is indeed aiptasia. You can make your own injectable by purchasing Calcium Hydroxide or Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime (grocery store) and mixing with fw or sw (I prefer sw). Half a spoonful of either and a little water creates a creamy-watery liquid easily taken in through a syringe. Inject .05ml (cc), depending on aiptasia size, into the stalk and then release .1ml (cc) onto the tentacles. The mixture can even be heated beforehand to increase potency. Here are two references as to what Calcium Hydroxide looks like (many brands retail this) and Mrs. Wages:

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~SearchStr~esv%20kalkwasser~action~view~idProduct~EV2102~idCategory~FIADCAKW~category~E.S.V._Calcium_Hydroxide_4_lb_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Additives_Calcium_Kalkwasser~vendor~.html
What Your Grandmother Never Told You About Lime by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Back
Top Bottom