Put my 1st fish! Temporary!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No tangs in 55gal..too ich prone if stressed.also a matter of " just cause you can should you" ... I know i wouldnt just on my reasoning being would i want to be in a tiny jail cell; because thats what youll be doing to that tang(s)..not good in my book...and some merchants can/will refuse the sale if theyre worth having..;)

LxWxH
48x12x21
That provides plenty of turning room and swimming room. Depending on flow they wont even utilize the entire tank 24/7 because they will be swimming against the current of the tank. Lets say the fish gets five or six inches long over the course of four years.. That means that the fish will have six to seven inches to turn around, all of that vertical room to swim. And three and a half feet to swim in a straight line.. With plenty of resistance from a powerhead or circulation pump which will provide adequate room for two to three tangs of that size with adequate exersize.

This thread has been totally hijacked. In case no one has noticed, the OP hasn't said a thing in 2 pages. If people want to argue about the size tank that a tang needs, then a new thread should be started because this has gotten out of hand at this point.

Reefers are having a discussion and expressing knowledge and opinions. Thank you :)

It seems more like an argument about tank/fish size than expressing knowledge. Taking over the OP's thread is disrespectful. You're more than welcome to start a new thread to discuss tank/fish size if you want to.

If you feel that none of the posts on this thread are informative feel free to move on.. Otherwise i feel like many different aquarists can look over this thread and gather useful information from all of the individuals in this discussion and make an educated decision on what they want to do.

Isnt this forum supposed to be about fish and aquariums? -not about if this is an argument or not. The topic was tangs so other individuals and i were talking about tangs and expressing our opinions. If you have a problem with that please go blog about it.

Ok let's settle down guys. I already have made my decision. Thank you everyone for you information and opinions! Everybody has their difference and we all have to face that. Nobody is wrong here, everybody has very strong opinions and information and I appreciate that.

I was enjoying following this thread but I unsubscribed since it turned into another one of those... Lets all let reefNoob keep their thread going where they want and make it enjoyable again.

Big day today!! I just bought a Coralife SuperSkimmer (65g), Coralife RO unit, sand, and I'm almost done building the PVC overflow (little bit of an eye soar) and a 20L for my sump. Also I bought mated pair Harlequin shrimp, fed them the chocolate chip starfish. I'll post the pictures up of the PVC overflow.

Here are some pics:

image-3811365218.jpg

Here they are eating supper!

image-1522582943.jpg

There's my RO running for the big day tmrw!

Attachments

• image-3365880343.jpg
    image-3365880343.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3895358494.jpg
    image-3895358494.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2113933761.jpg
    image-2113933761.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 62
Actually the bigger one is the male but that role with change after a month probably lol and I have a question about the RO unit, when you first use it is the first batch of the water good?

No the membrane usually has a preservative on it. I had to run 10-12gal through it before, but you also have to remove the Silica cartridge while the rinse. And once the rinse is done just put the Silica cartridge back in.My RO/DI is a Kent Maxima 50GPD, not sure how different it is from yours. Think their pretty much all the same lol

What's your plan for keeping the shrimp fed? I would love to know as I have always wanted a pair but I couldn't figure out a good way to keep them fed. They look great!

Exactly what you see in that picture, chocolate chip starfish. You feed them every 2-4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom