Recommendations for books about nano reefs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stoneydee

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been keeping freshwater fish for a little over a year now, and I love it. I think I really, really want to try a nano reef, somewhere around 7 to 10 gallons. And I really, really want to do it right. :lol:

Anyone have recommended reading on the subject? I've found a few boards and websites on nanos, but what I'm looking for is something that says start here, then do this. . . The budget drives the train at my house, so I can see it taking a little while to get all my hardware together.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Most beginner books out there will tell you that the minimum size for a saltwater tank is 30 gallons. I would suggest scouring the forums and get yourself a copy of "The Concientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. Thats one of the best all around salt aquarium books. If you are interested in keeping corals I would get "Aquarium Corals" by Eric Borneman. These are both good references but for nano's the best source of info is the message boards IMO. HTH

Back
Top Bottom