Resealing the Top of a Bio Cube.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeardropJosh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just bought a used Biocube, and I need to reseal the top because of a leak.:bulb: If anyone could tell me how to take off the top strip, or tell me how to reseal the leak that would be great.:D

Thanks!

Did you just set it up? If its new then I would say take it back. If not then you will have to get tank sealer and read up on it. I had a seal break on a tank (not level). I had to re-do it three times. But it can be done.

Yes, I just set it up, but it is used(bought from a friend for $100, tank and stand). Where do you put the silicone to seal it, I was thinking you had to take off the top trim to seal it.

Where exactly does it leak from? Without seeing it it is hard to say what to do. If you want to fix it, you may have to cut the top off with a razor or flat knife. Clean all the surfaces and then apply sealant to the rim or the contact points. You also need to find out why it leaks. Check for level. Fish tanks dont usually leak for no reason. Make sure black rim is not cracked. This is going to be difficult and may not work the first time. Good luck.

I found out today it only starts to leak (and it leaks from the top seal, no crack) when I put my hand in the tank. I am still going to fix it.

Thanks for all your help!:p

Back
Top Bottom