Rodi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just ordered a bulk reef supply 4 stage rodi unit! Pretty excited, anyone using the brs ones? Also, picked up a beautiful maxima clam from that fish place yesterday :) just had to share it.

image-177827025.jpg

Nice clam!

I have a 5 stage BRS unit and rally really LOVE it! Great quality and easy to use. I added the piggyback membrane to mine so my 75gpd unit produces 150gpd now, which is what I need since I have so many tanks. lol You'll be pleased with your unit.

Nice clam!

I have a 5 stage BRS unit and rally really LOVE it! Great quality and easy to use. I added the piggyback membrane to mine so my 75gpd unit produces 150gpd now, which is what I need since I have so many tanks. lol You'll be pleased with your unit.

Sweet! Thanks Carey, I got the 75gpd one too but I only new it for one tank lol. I'm sure ill like it and no more trips to the store to get water!

Are these rodi units good for making drinking water? We currently buy our drinking water at over $1/gallon and I'm looking into a rodi unit for future reef tank, but can't really justify it if it doesn't produce drinking water as well.

You can get ro/di units for drinking water. My parents run one and a UV light on their line at home. What ends up becoming necessary is that to make it through all the filters takes some time, so to turn on the a tap to get a drink (usually having a seperate tap for the ro/di water from the regular tap at this point) takes a long time to build up and fill up your glass. To get around this, you'll find pressurized canisters that are sold alongside these units to meet this need.

To the OP, I loved my 5 stage ro/di from BRS. Only stopped using it because my water is SO bad I couldn't keep up with replacing the filters/resin...that's what happens when fertilizer runs off a corn field and into your spring. Once I move, it is back up and running.

You can get ro/di units for drinking water. My parents run one and a UV light on their line at home. What ends up becoming necessary is that to make it through all the filters takes some time, so to turn on the a tap to get a drink (usually having a seperate tap for the ro/di water from the regular tap at this point) takes a long time to build up and fill up your glass. To get around this, you'll find pressurized canisters that are sold alongside these units to meet this need.

Sorry for hijacking. I don't mind waiting for a 5g jug to fill. I know they can be had for drinking water my question really are those for drinking water safe for aquarium water, or vice versa.

To the OP, I loved my 5 stage ro/di from BRS. Only stopped using it because my water is SO bad I couldn't keep up with replacing the filters/resin...that's what happens when fertilizer runs off a corn field and into your spring. Once I move, it is back up and running.

Sweet thanks sniper. I can't wait to not go but water from the lfs lol.
Antler, I think bulkreefsupply has an ro/di unit that has the the drinkable water thing with it too.

Back
Top Bottom