Scott's 16G Nuvo Reef w/ DIY LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I don't know how this happened but there is a LFS that's strictly saltwater fish and corals less than 7 miles from my house that I didn't know was there! Can't wait to check it out Wed!

That sun coral is so cool! I'd love to find one eventually, you got a really healthy looking one too, the only ones I've seen at LFS are dying or always closed.

Also, very cool hitchhiker! Glad to hear he's starting to eat!

Was sick of my scape. Didn't want to disturb too much but moved a few things around.

Before...white lights only
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401849910.884712.jpg

New FTS with moon lights!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401849846.460891.jpg

FIND MY FISH! HAHA! He is so neat!

img_2962269_0_056a4ee81804110d6160cd543664b8a4.jpg

Checked out a new LFS today! Couldn't resist....dripping some coral!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401929155.957407.jpg

Also can anyone I'd what is on my silicone. They are white little dots...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401929199.163326.jpg

Is $120 for the pack a good price for these zoas?
1p God of War
2p rastas
1p Tyree Space Monster
2p fire and ice
2p king midas
2p purple rains
2p my clementines
2p red hornets
1p blue hornets

IMO yes. I hate buying 1-2 polyp frags. That is a nice assortment but $120 seems steep for 1 polyp frags

Ya thats kinda what I thought too, just looking for someone else's opinion. Thanks! I prefer colonies too...they look better and spread faster.

I mean I'm all about frags but 1 polyps frags suck. It is 50:50 they will survive. Having 3+ polyps usually translates to better survival. Yeah idk if I'd do that frag pack or not. The red hornets and Rastas are very nice and tend to be a lot of money per polyp. But fire and ice are so common...

Is $120 for the pack a good price for these zoas?
1p God of War
2p rastas
1p Tyree Space Monster
2p fire and ice
2p king midas
2p purple rains
2p my clementines
2p red hornets
1p blue hornets

You aren't taking area into consideration. You can't get those anywhere around me at all. I'm not aware of much availability around Erie...Pittsburgh they would be more common most likely. For 120 I'd snatch it up as I've paid 10 for one polyp of Lord of the Rings that didn't even survive.

For what those morphs are going for right now,$120 sounds about right IMHO. I think I'd pull the trigger if they were 3-4p frags, but for 1-2 maybe not.

You aren't taking area into consideration. You can't get those anywhere around me at all. I'm not aware of much availability around Erie...Pittsburgh they would be more common most likely. For 120 I'd snatch it up as I've paid 10 for one polyp of Lord of the Rings that didn't even survive.

This is true but I've just always had issues with 1 polyp frags. It may be worth it just for the Rastas and red hornets. I can get red hornets for 60 pp around me...:( and Rastas are $40-50. Those 2 alone almost make it worthwhile. Now that I'm thinking about it NanoNewb I'd probably do that. Red hornets are high on my list of wants...I'd be pretty jealous lol

This is true but I've just always had issues with 1 polyp frags. It may be worth it just for the Rastas and red hornets. I can get red hornets for 60 pp around me...:( and Rastas are $40-50. Those 2 alone almost make it worthwhile. Now that I'm thinking about it NanoNewb I'd probably do that. Red hornets are high on my list of wants...I'd be pretty jealous lol

Don't pay 40-50 pp for Rastas. Gimme 3-4 months and I got you on a nice 0pp frag. ;)

Back
Top Bottom