Sharing anemonies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nuclear Queen

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm planning for a 10g, and I know I'm getting Clownfish and frogspawn.

Could anemone shrimp and anemone crabs get along with the clownfish?

If I had more than one anemone (frogspawn are coral, but whatever you know what I mean), would they work it out?

Would an emerald crab hurt my frogspawn?

Could I sustain a starfish or urchin in this tank?

Would a cleaner wrasse or two do well in this tank?

Any featherduster worms?

Are there any upper or middle swimmers that would be left alone by the clowns?

Tank will have 5-7lbs LR and a 50g HOB filter w powerhead and airstones

Most of the clowns wont host a frogspawn unless they are confussed. Also you will need to wait at least 6 months to get an anemone no acceptions. And you couldnt have more than one anemone in one tank unless they are the same but still were talking only 10 galls

any anemone will outgrow a 10 gallon, and 10 gallons isn't enough to provide a stable environment for them. your better off just letting the clown host a coral

Agree with above advice, you would be fully stocked with 2 clowns or one clown and one other small fish. Check out live aquaria in the nano section for tank mates. Try not to focus on getting your clowns to host something, they may host a filter, or power head or corner of the tank - there are no guarantees that they will host an anemone or a coral so best to concentrate on setting up the tank and see what happens. I would wait for inverts too, as it is your first salt tank wait until its been up a while as they are sensitive to swings in salinity. Monitor the tank every couple of days, test the salinity and write it in a little book, that way you can see where your tanks water is swinging. Also, no air stones in saltwater, just so you know...

Back
Top Bottom