starting back up need LR advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
after a reef vacation of many, many years I'm going to setup a 20 gallon nano tank (Oh, I will miss my tangs). I saved one really cool piece of LR from one of my larger tanks but it has been out of the water for well over 10 years. Is there any way to make this piece useable again?

Also, after cycling....I only want one fish in this tank....a frog fish. Does anyone have experience with this ugly little freaky fish?

Again, it's been a long while since I've cycled a sw tank (like 20 years)....where can I find the shrimp in the nylon cycling thread?

Thank you for any help/suggestions etc. :fish2:

My apologies it took so long for me to respond as I wasn’t able to do so on my weekend off.
But you should be able to use your old live rock without issue as long as there wasn’t any copper based medication used while the rock was present.
I would make sure to give it all a good scrub and toss all the rock into the system to cycle it away.
As for frog fish, if I remember correctly they can be finicky eaters. This is especially true after acclimated to the system. I have heard of people having to use life food or even using a chopstick or fishing line to get the fish to believe it is alive to fool it into eating.

Back
Top Bottom