Stocking my 8g nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czwicky

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all just wanted to put up the planned stocklist for my 8g nano and see what you think of it. Here we go

Fish
-Six line wrasse
-Orange spot prawn goby

Inverts
-pistol shrimp
-3x Bumblebee snails
-3x sexy shrimp
-Maxi mini carpet anemone

Corals
-tricolor acropora valida
-orange green tip birdsnest
-orange , purple, and green montipora digitata
-green apple or Christmas monti cap
-fruit loops zoas
-Darth maul plays
-Sun coral or dendro
-red planet acro
- purple acro with pink polyps
Maybe a chalice or two not sure

Tell me what you think guys thanks

I'm pretty sure the bioload would be fine. Automatic water change system and hob filter for a 20g. Eshopps nano skimmer and a custom fuge in the back compartment.

O think the fish load would be fine... You Telly don't need a skimmer cause it is not going to do that much in a nano... Just keep up the weekly water changes and the refuge is an excellent idea!

If anything I would only ask you to reconsider the anemone... I had one and once then start to move it can be really stressful for you :) it walks all over your corals and stuff. Just think about it and see cause with your coral list houngan have a perfectly stress free tank if you don't put the anemone in there :)

Yeah I'm still debating the Nem. I wish the dam things would stay in one spot and then they'd be easy! Lol

+1 on no fish at all. Would u want someone to take u from ur nice bedroom and move you into a new bedroom that is the size of a closet? No. If anything get yourself one of those little tiny electric blue gobys!

The electric blue gobys actually get bigger than the orange spot prawn goby lol. The wrasse is debatable but I really want the goby/shrimp combo. The way I have my rockwork drawn out I think a 2" goby will be more than happy

Ah true, well good luck! Id personally add a big hob filter like an ac 70 for extra water volume. Also a good way to create a refugium out of an ac power filter

Back
Top Bottom