The Bio Cube 29 Information Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hondanation09 said:
its hard to get at without moving rocks...also some small white ones i think...too soon 4 peppermint shrimp or 2?

do you have to actually pierce it or just hit it?

You can try the shrimp but it's no guarantee. You take the syringe and hit it right in the center. It's gonna think its food and BAM! Dead!

Would it be possible to do frogspawn, hammerhead, and cabbage coral on stock light?

In a biocube 29g with 2 36w bulbs.

Sharkbait54 said:
Would it be possible to do frogspawn, hammerhead, and cabbage coral on stock light?

In a biocube 29g with 2 36w bulbs.

Cabbage coral as in leather? If so IMO yes. An I have a hammer in my 8 gallon Nuvo and seems to be doing well. The light is a 10k with 8 whites and 4 blues.

Attachments

• image-1499944475.jpg
    image-1499944475.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1228502698.jpg
    image-1228502698.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-620522184.jpg
    image-620522184.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1214602597.jpg
    image-1214602597.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 100
Convict2161 said:
Cabbage coral as in leather? If so IMO yes. An I have a hammer in my 8 gallon Nuvo and seems to be doing well. The light is a 10k with 8 whites and 4 blues.

Thanks. And with all due respect stop posting pics of those beautiful tanks.... Just kidding please go on. Lol.

And convict I remember you stating you using filter floss where do you put it? In the first chamber? And do you have a link for buying some. And I assume you use it to get particles out of the water correct? Should I use it in conjunction with the biocube filter pads in chamber one?

Sharkbait54 said:
Thanks. And with all due respect stop posting pics of those beautiful tanks.... Just kidding please go on. Lol.

And convict I remember you stating you using filter floss where do you put it? In the first chamber? And do you have a link for buying some. And I assume you use it to get particles out of the water correct? Should I use it in conjunction with the biocube filter pads in chamber one?

Haha ok I'll stop :(

Remember I don't have the stock filter on my BC29 I use the inTank media rack so the filter floss takes the place of the stock filter.

Here's the links. And a video incase you a haven't seen it.

inTank Aquatics

Convict2161 said:
Haha ok I'll stop :(

Remember I don't have the stock filter on my BC29 I use the inTank media rack so the filter floss takes the place of the stock filter.

Here's the links. And a video incase you a haven't seen it.

inTank Aquatics

Ahaha yes please stop! Youre perfect tank is making me evil and jealous lol. Lol jk!!!!

Awesome video. My only problem is 50$ for a media rack seems like a lot. There is one on amazon for 17$. Do you really think the intank one is superior?

Also with using the rack the stock filter pad looks to be optional if not useless correct?

I also wanna buy a power head do you think one 425 nano koralia will work.

Btw any one know any labor day specials on equipment!!!!!

Here's a pic of mine biocube!!

Attachments

• image-2135033591.jpg
    image-2135033591.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 103
  • image-118075839.jpg
    image-118075839.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 88
Sharkbait54 said:
Awesome video. My only problem is 50$ for a media rack seems like a lot. There is one on amazon for 17$. Do you really think the intank one is superior?

Also with using the rack the stock filter pad looks to be optional if not useless correct?

I also wanna buy a power head do you think one 425 nano koralia will work.

Btw any one know any labor day specials on equipment!!!!!

Yes it is more than worth it. I ordered the one on amazon first. All it is is egg crate and it doesn't fit good. Made a mess with plastic pieces breaking off while getting it in. I still see some in my DT tank every now and then. You may be ok with one. I have two on a wave maker. Paid a little under a 100 on amazon for both 425's and the wave maker.

Sharkbait54 said:
Here's a pic of mine biocube!!

Did you put the sand in after the water and rocks? It looks like there is a lot of sand on the rocks. I would use a turkey baster to blow it off if there is our you will end up with sand storms when you add koralia pump in

22engine said:
Did you put the sand in after the water and rocks? It looks like there is a lot of sand on the rocks. I would use a turkey baster to blow it off if there is our you will end up with sand storms when you add koralia pump in

Ya rocks first, ok will do!

22engine said:
Yes it is more than worth it. I ordered the one on amazon first. All it is is egg crate and it doesn't fit good. Made a mess with plastic pieces breaking off while getting it in. I still see some in my DT tank every now and then. You may be ok with one. I have two on a wave maker. Paid a little under a 100 on amazon for both 425's and the wave maker.

Do you have a link for the wave maker? That's sounds cool. Yes after watching the video intank is way better.

Just didn't want you to have a huge mess if turned on a power head and it went all over

All cleared up gonna order some filter floss media, 425 power head, intank media basket

Attachments

• image-3608872985.jpg
    image-3608872985.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 102
I'm going to pick up my stock on Wednesday just checked params

Salinity 1.026
High ph 7.8
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20
Ammo 0

Look good? Also I would like to do a small water change tomorrow would that be ok?

Hey Friends, I am in the process of building my biocube stand, so it shouldn't be too terrible long before I get everything else up and running!

My main question is, what can I use on the splash guard to my it clear again?!? It is really foggy and Im wondering if there is a product that I can use to buff out the foggy look...?

All help is appreciated!

Thanks Friends,

Lessa

I'm pondering on a bio use there is just to many to choose from and I don't want one I have to mod I'm not good with doing mods on anything I'll mess it up and have to buy a new tank. I want one where I can keep some hard sps corals sometime down the road I have a 10 gallon and I love it and can see I will grow out of it fast.

Masoniac said:
I'm pondering on a bio use there is just to many to choose from and I don't want one I have to mod I'm not good with doing mods on anything I'll mess it up and have to buy a new tank. I want one where I can keep some hard sps corals sometime down the road I have a 10 gallon and I love it and can see I will grow out of it fast.

I believe the oceanic HQI is an all around good product. Way better than the original!

Masoniac said:

Yes I would go with the HQI cause the biggest mod is the lights and with that one you dont have to change the lights for SPS. As far as the other "mods" all you would want to do in my opinion is add the inTank media basket and you have to add for flow with a power head. But the basket isn't a mod you buy it they ship it and you slid it in the back chamber with filter media in it. That's simple and no way to mess it up.

Back
Top Bottom