Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah ecotech are the leaders in the market right now but my mrs would kill me if I spent a fair few hundred quid on a vortech but I'd love 1 or 2.
I'd have to go with a couple of 40's or 60's in my tank.
I love the way you can synchronise the 2 and the different modes are great.

Update: came home not knowing what I was gona see.. Everything looking crystal clear . Done a test:
Massive difference with the other outlet going. The extra plug came in handy lol

Attachments

• image-2811942995.jpg
    image-2811942995.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 76
Would it be wise doing a water change now?? If anything I could be doing with getting salt up a wee bit .
Or would I be better waiting for water to evaporate and top up with salt?

Attachments

• image-699855197.jpg
    image-699855197.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 68
Wait that's your salinity? You have live stock? I'd do a water change and add some salt very VERY slowly to bring it up. Corals wont be effected as much as your live stick... i.e. fish, snails, shrimp etc etc etc.

What salt do you use.

I got salt today in an emergency as nowhere sells salt water until wed. I only have RO water left until then . My salinity is 1.019 . It dropped as I had to do an emergency water change due to nitrites going through the roof and resulting in loosing my first 2 clown fish. After 24 hours of being in :-(
All I have at the min is double headed torch leather mushroom and feather duster and 3 x hermits which have survived the disaster I caused.
I was gutted to have caused the death of 2 beautiful clowns not being aware of how my new tank works. Lesson learned I suppose
What would you suggest I do?

Love your tanks by the way.
They all look fantastic. I work for a big pet retailer and African cichlids are my best seller by far.
Marine fish we do not sell or advise. So I've had no training what so ever. Suppose you have picked that up?? that's why I'm on here asking you all these questions lol

Hey we all start somewhere. Doesn't make you less of a fish keeper. A little secret? I did a heavily stocked 55 gallon African Cichlid fish in cycle. We all learn.

You'll be fine. Just do your water changes and keep numbers down and your salinity at least 024-026

I keep mine at 1.026

Yeap ill keep it at that. Just need to get salt up a bit then. Do you think a water change soon to get salt up. Say maybie a 10 liter change 10% but put enough salt in for 15 liters?
Something along them lines
Or just leave it now and top up evaporated water with salt water ?

Yeap ill keep it at that. Just need to get salt up a bit then. Do you think a water change soon to get salt up. Say maybie a 10 liter change 10% but put enough salt in for 15 liters?
Something along them lines
Or just leave it now and top up evaporated water with salt water ?

Add salt very very slow or you'll shock them. Bring it up a notch or 2 over a week IMO.

Cool that's what I will do buddy. It's amazing the difference with the extra pump going now. Water crystal clear now . Looking forward to a new start

Hiya mate how's the tank coming along ?
Keep on testing for ammonia and nitrite, hopefully should test 0 for both soon ;)

Alright m8. How's the form?

Funny I've jut walked out of my LFS getting water .. They all laughing at me finding a plugfish in my filter lol. All was 0 again yesterday With no water change done . He done another test for me there and All still 0 . Salt 19 tho so gona bring it up over the next week . His fish will be ready for sale next wed so that gives me a week to get it sorted . Hopefully with the plugfish out and where it is supposed to go will help me keep my next 2 clowns living lol.
Bet u haven't had a fish that looks like this before ?? :

Attachments

• image-2723714551.jpg
    image-2723714551.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 62
Lol. It's a lovely looking fish tho.

The wee s**t killed my clowns tho.
What other corals would you recommend me keeping? Something not to hard to keep but colourful . I'm only gona keep small fish too . The biggest will probly be the clowns

I would start off with some soft corals there's tons to choose from and they are mostly pretty bulletproof.
Some softies are:
Palythoas, zoanthids (zoas for short), mushrooms, ricordeas, Xenia, toadstool leathers, finger leathers, green star polyps.
There's tons of soft corals that are very easy to keep but can spread really quick, Xenia is considered the weed of our tanks lol im wishing I never put any in my tank because its everywhere now.

Yeah, you can get different coloured Xenia. My pulsing Xenia looks like this, it takes over tanks in no time but its a pretty coral.

Attachments

• image-3810214097.jpg
    image-3810214097.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom