Upgrading to larger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msuburg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

I'm relatively new to the whole fish tank (SW) thing. I've had a 12g Nanocube (SW) for a while now, and was thinking of upgrading to a larger tank relatively soon - especially since I'm moving into a new apartment over the next few weeks. I was just wondering on the prices I should expect for just the aquarium itself. I realize I'll need a skimmer, lights, etc. But what's a ballpark figure for, say, ~50 gallon tank and also what's the figures for like a 100g one?

Thanks!

Matt

It really depends on what you want to do. Reef tank, FOWLR. I am not sure of the price of a 100 gal tank. I just spent $260 on a 72 gal BF from Oceanic. for a 100 gal with all of the extras you should plan on spending at least $1200- $1500. This does not include substrate o live rock. Lighting alone can cost you anywhere from $200 to $600. Depressing huh? IMO, it is money well worth it.

i got a 125 gallon tank for $240 brand new at lhs. built my own stand for $160. sump is a rubber maid container from wal-mart $8, overflow for $45 off ebay and a mag 9.5 for $65 off ebay.

i like to say that $25-$30 per gallon to get ready for animals is abvout right.

I stopped adding it up a while ago--it was making my head hurt. The 75 AGAs with overflow run about $220; another $40 for glass top. But the tank is the least of it! :)

Back
Top Bottom