What CUC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Walkerrobin

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all,

My 20 gal tank is cycled (woohoo) I have put two peppermint shrimp in there and would like suggestions for the other CuC?

Red legged hermits look awesome, it's great how they look so busy!

Numbers would be helpful too?

Walkerrobin said:
hi all,

My 20 gal tank is cycled (woohoo) I have put two peppermint shrimp in there and would like suggestions for the other CuC?

Red legged hermits look awesome, it's great how they look so busy!

Numbers would be helpful too?

Ps do you have to add CUC before fish or can you add one fish to begin with?

As long as your sure you cycled a fish would be ok. i would recommend getting a couple snails or hermits first though. Then make your first fish a small one so you be sure your bio filter can handle it.

:-D
Good Luck

I have a bali sea hare, his name is Bob. i love how cute he is. lol He eats ALOT of algae so beware. Mine doesn't have an ink ability either, or at least that's what I was told and I've handled him with no ink attack. :)

I love sea hares. I put one in my algae ridden 210 and he plowed through my algae and then disappeared. I assume he starved, as it seems to happen really quickly with these guys. If I ever own one again, I'd have to be in a tank where I can find him to feed him.

Mine did ink (he inked in the bag when we went to leave the store), and as a precaution, I ran carbon in my tank the entire time I had him.

I feed mine algae sheets every other day. I think he's kinda cuddly, feels like a marshmallow when I hold him lol.

What kind of sea hare did you have flake?

I think he is, he's only an inch and hairy looking! I like the look of him and hope he will be ok in my 21 gallon, partially cooked lettuce is quite good for them to eat?!

Here's Bob.

img_1303979_0_90995ea674679b12fecebc3bd985acab.jpg

img_1303979_1_3ba07832c2f46bebaba6d3983d2ad295.jpg

Yeah that's him! How cool is he?! He should be ok in a 20 gal as long as I feed him?!

Yep, just keep him fed. Mine likes to find a really dark crevice during daytime so make sure he has one. Also watch out for powerheads, I found mine an inch away from one the other day...

I put in algae sheets. Bought them at a pet store like 10 sheets for 5.99. I break it into quarters and try to make sure theres always a piece in there for him, usually every other day. I use those veggie clips for the fish tank and hang em inside

I have added two reg legged hermits and a sea hare. Geez the sea hare poos slot!!!! Is it worth getting a substrate cleaner to remove it?

Walkerrobin said:
I have added two reg legged hermits and a sea hare. Geez the sea hare poos slot!!!! Is it worth getting a substrate cleaner to remove it?

Red and alot!

I really like my sea hare, but already he has created loads of waste! Should I be worried that my 20 gallon won't take it?

That's kinda what they do, eat and poo. LOL

I guess i don't notice so much in a large tank and I am way over populated with CUC so they muct be keeping it clean. I just tested nitrates yesterday and they were only at 5. :)

I'll test every four days and see how he gets on, funny chap, really nosy creatures hey?!

Back
Top Bottom