2013 Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazycajun

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just bought three of these for my 150 gallon tank. 24" wide by 24" tall by 60 " long. How did you set yours as far as dimming? How far did you mount them above the water? Also how did you all mount them? And ideas would be helpful!

Just bought three of these for my 150 gallon tank. 24" wide by 24" tall by 60 " long. How did you set yours as far as dimming? How far did you mount them above the water? Also how did you all mount them? And ideas would be helpful!

I'm using hooks and cables. Easily found at a hardware store. Look cleaner than chains. When it comes to dimming, lower when first adding coral. Some need to dim them 50%. Mine are dimmable, but not super strong. Mine are mounted a foot above the water. You want to get good light distribution.

I screwed an oak plank (stained and varnished to match trim) to the ceiling after routing the edges, I used plugs to hide the screw holes Then used gold hooks and picture hanging cable to lower the lights to about 10 inches above the water.
Dimmed the lights to about 50% to match the old lights then started to raise the intensity 10% a week until i reached the level i wanted white 80% blue 100%

Back
Top Bottom