320g build/journey/experiment :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, just came across this thread. This :censor: is nuts! I'm definitely going to be watching your thread with baited breath, and we can both suffer in the wait of time together. (I have a 75 gallon tank/stand/Coralife 4x65W 48"/Fluval 305 combo I'm making payments on at the LFS, but won't even be able to start filling it for another 6-8 months after I get it home, lol.)

Wow, just came across this thread. This :censor: is nuts! I'm definitely going to be watching your thread with baited breath, and we can both suffer in the wait of time together. (I have a 75 gallon tank/stand/Coralife 4x65W 48"/Fluval 305 combo I'm making payments on at the LFS, but won't even be able to start filling it for another 6-8 months after I get it home, lol.)
Ya I have been waiting for a long time... over 5 years since my last tank. When you get back and start a build thread let me know I'll tag along.

Great place to keep the family out of trouble..;)
You bet... but they started to complain... and the tank kinda amplifies the sound so I let them out.

Some updates as I work on the tank...
I taped off where my tank is going to be so I could silicone without stinking up my house or affecting my young children.
img_1129208_0_fefb37399466dc8ce3ad33616c11b18b.jpg

My door for getting in and out of my taped off area is the window.
img_1129208_1_3e1605bdfbac9cf17acb4b6fac2d0fbf.jpg

The acrylic overflow... I bought the 2 pieces this afternoon glued them together then added it to my tank. The two left bulkheads are in the overflow the right one isn't.
img_1129208_2_0215156c4a994b0ab2efbbe325ddd8f9.jpg

A look at the full height of the chamber.
img_1129208_3_92d1db2336941a14b5cd31e79646b225.jpg

And my little helper that has to always be in the photo :D
img_1129208_4_07c044a6d402b224de8d993d2208f214.jpg

GM, do you get any natural light coming directly onto you tank? Can you control the amount if it does?

How many PH's do you think you'll have to use :)
PH's... sorry I'm still not up with all the abbreviations. What does PH's mean?

great tank but wont having it by the windows cause it to grow lots or algae?
...I kinda think we spend so much money on trying to create artificial sunlight that I don't mind some natural... even if it has some problems with it :D

Wow. That's huge. Keep me posted. Can't wait to see pictures step by step. Good luck!
I will keep them coming as I build... I can't wait to see more pictures too... it means I'm making progress.

GM, do you get any natural light coming directly onto you tank? Can you control the amount if it does?
I do get some natural light at about 5 or 6 pm and only for 2 hours maximum. If I felt it was nessasary I could put shutters on the windows...

Back
Top Bottom