90g High Tech Mixed Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was just going based upon what their website told me. It's possible I was misinformed but it seemed correct based upon my research. Either way it really came down to the profilux or the rk based upon availability of supplies locally, and I have access to all the rk equipment.

Mmkay so my rock showed up today, It looks really nice. Oddly the marco rock was all individually bubble wrapped. I have yet to pull it all out. I opened it long enough to check that the reef cleaners rock was all safe (the box looked like it had been drop kicked).

My four boxes of sand shipped this week and should be here tomorrow or friday.

I'll try to take some today. I didn't feel like unwrapping bubblewrapped rocks last night. :)

Mmkay so promised pics. Crappy iphone camera so bare with me.

1zokns2.jpg

Gorgeous reef cleaners rock

fbi3hu.jpg

Marco rock, lovingly bubble wrapped. Which surprised me a bit when I recieved four boxes of this:

2m7j0q1.jpg

All their sand is packaged in garbage bags.

This sand is so powderyfine. It's amazingly awesome. Should look fantastic.

Thanks guys!

Corey, I doubt there will be too many leftovers xD There's not a lot of pieces but they're all big and porous. Should be excellent. Please come aquascape with me. I need help lifting the tank off the stand to paint the back too :D

How much total rock did u order? Sorry if I missed that post but don't remember and it is hard to go look on the phone. :)

So today I cleaned everything and painted the tank. My many "helpers" made it slower than it should have been. :)

2cy5dty.jpg

Rocks

2hs28av.jpg

Sump, Little Black Cat, and Raspberry Plant.

msn43c.jpg

Tank, More Rocks and Pumpkin.

2yo1ogk.jpg

Rubble leftover from shipping fragile rocks.

2l8yx37.jpg

Smokey is too cool to get involved. He just watches from afar.

30mlh8j.jpg

At this point when Sprocket comes to observe the action, I realize that she is covered in cheese and has obviously gotten my queso off the table. At this point I was looking under furniture for evidence of cheese.

After the cheese incident, I returned to paint.

1693pkm.jpg

everything is now baking in the Georgia heat, checking for safety and cleanliness.

Briefly put rock in the tank to see how it looked.

Just finished finals so I haven't had much time to sleep, much less work on a tank. :)

Hopefully we should be up and running in the next two weeks.

Mmkay so today was actually pretty productive. Sump is under the tank. Rock is in the tank. Sand is in the tank.

The sandbed looks really deep. It's only maybe 3" but it looks so much deeper. I think it'll settle out a bit with the powerhead pushes it behind the rocks. I got as much back there as possible. I ended up only using about 80 pounds of the sand. Not quite sure how that worked.

Either way all it will take is a trip to home depot to get this working. And the extras got my pico set back up. :)

Back
Top Bottom