90g High Tech Mixed Reef Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mmkay official final title change. Now the world will know of how super high tech this tank is.

Bomb diggity yo and all that jazz.

now.... On with the build!

Woohoo!

esubh1.jpg

122g42f.jpg

Whoa! I was expecting something much smaller and low-pro. Like a single box or something.

Either way now this thread moves on!

it's surprisingly pretty nice. I still kinda liked the other one better, less modules to plug in, but this should suit me pretty well.

Sweet this tank is starting to pull together :)
On a side note in you signature how do you make that pic and make it lead to this thread?

Nice build, following. Side note, Whats the deal with ya'lls avatar? Should I do red lipstick with blue thing going in.

And rookie, thats hilarious you found her old build thread.

Holy cow! major stupid big gigantic news.

My tank has nearly everything it needs now.
EVERYTHING.

homg. And for a lot cheaper than I was expecting.

ddj574.jpg

Here's how this worked out.

While bumming around the shop today talking with my coworker about sumps, he showed my his new favorite. This sucker has media trays! This eliminates the need for those media reactors!

Plus is had a wee small crack in the wet side (ooh big deal) and wasn't technically in our system so I got a decent price on it.

So I grabbed that, my tunze 9011 and a turbotwist. Yes, I know, i've seen the bad reviews on the turbotwist too. Oddly that's what we run in shop and they work perfectly fine. So there you have it.

On top of all that goodness, I put in an order for rock and sand! Did a marco order for 75lbs of rock and 160 lbs of sand. Then a reef cleaners order for 50lbs of their enormous base rock. All in all, this tank should have water in it real soon. I think all I need now is a heater.

Holy cow man :dance:

oh and....
:deadhorse:

I'm glad to see all the stars are aligning, hope to see the tank come together soon!

Well, yes and no. They have the ability to have the iphone access aquanotes, their pc thing, but their free software has no ability to do alarms or event logging. My whole decision for an iphone app was not just access but the fact that it would let me know if there was a problem.

OMG! Wow I'm pretty upset I didn't get on last night!

Personally glad you didn't have to spend the extra cash on the reactors, and very glad to see this will be up by the time Jen and I come to see it :lol:

I was too, I had no one to share the excitement with, it was fw land.

And also a big yay. It's also got a gigantic biowheel for some reason. It makes me giggle.

I was too, I had no one to share the excitement with, it was fw land.

And also a big yay. It's also got a gigantic biowheel for some reason. It makes me giggle.

Bahaha, extra media to see any other tanks you might have too

*cough*adarimlessshallowkoobthing*cough*

;) we'll discuss that one later.

If nothing else, it should suit me quite well for the near future and a long while after it. maybe in a couple years I can add the reactors but hey, one less thing to clean and still room under the tank for my ato bucket.

i'm guesstimating about 3"?

That's about all i'd put in there anyways. I don't like really deep beds, but I like to keep them deep enough for wrasses and other burrowing.

Cool. I was asking because I'm going to set up a 90 soon and wanted it deep enough for sand sifters but wasn't sure how much to get. I was told 100 lbs would be enough.

It might be. I tend to plan on 2# per gallon for my taste in sandbed.

I don't like deep but it can't be too shallow :)

Well, yes and no. They have the ability to have the iphone access aquanotes, their pc thing, but their free software has no ability to do alarms or event logging. My whole decision for an iphone app was not just access but the fact that it would let me know if there was a problem.

One more thing on the apex... It will send you alarms, when something is wrong it will e-mail you... also with the Iphone/android you can control almost everything... there are a few people that use it as a remote to turn on/off lights, pumps, skimmers etc. It can be programed to send an e-mail alert for any reason it can monitor... water on floor (additional equipment needed) Auto top off being on for longer then it should be under normal situations, at witch point it turns it off and e-mails you (also additional equipment needed) Or just something like your pH or your temp is too high/low. I'm not saying that the apex is better then the reefkeeper I'm saying that they are comparable and that the reason you stated not to get one doesn't make sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom