Acan Coral Information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanderson417

Aquarium Advice Activist
All,

I own a 72g bow and it's been running for about a year. I have quite a few varieties of corals, and have been considering an Acan for some time. I would appreciate thoughts on this coral from those who know. What should I know about the requirements and care of this coral. I have read what LA states, but would appreciate more details before I purchase.

Thanks,

Steve

Acans actually seem quite hardy. I have mine in a Med flow / Med light area. Have had it for about 6 months, and it is doing well.

sanderson417 said:
All,

I own a 72g bow and it's been running for about a year. I have quite a few varieties of corals, and have been considering an Acan for some time. I would appreciate thoughts on this coral from those who know. What should I know about the requirements and care of this coral. I have read what LA states, but would appreciate more details before I purchase.

Thanks,

Steve

Acans are awesome and one of my favorite LPS ( Large Polyp Stony) corals. They come in a broad range of colors and patters.

Acans require moderate flow and moderate lighting. They can be fed meaty foods from time to time such as mysis or brine.

Sufficient calcium and alk levels will ensure proper skeletal growth.

Anything else? Not much more to it than that

Acans are a great coral! Depending on your lighting, the coral will go in the middle or bottom half of the tank in a medium flow. You know it's happy when you are able to see its feeders out. In my tanks, acans seem to Berger out of the direct light. Too much light and the color will change.

Back
Top Bottom