Acclimating xenia, mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ewelch

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do I acclimate my new additions as I would a fish addition? Are their any special considerations?

In general yes, but I would need to know how you acclimate your fish.

Personally I drip acclimate for 2-4 hours doubling the volume of water before I introduce corals and inverst to my main.

HTH,

I only have three fish and am new. For all of these I let them float in their bags for about two hours during which time I would add about a half a turkey baster full of my water to the bag every 15 minutes. After 2 hours I netted them out and put them in the tank. THis seemed to work well for them but these are my first non fish live additions excluding live rock. Oh yeah and a small cleanup crew consisting of eight hermits and 12 snails. I did the same with them.

What are your current inhabitants and do you plan on adding any more fish? I notice you described your tank as 30g FOWLR. Assuming you are taking the leap to reef. :) If your set-up is new (less than 6 months) you may want to hold off on corals and ensure all is going well.

If you describe your setup more completely i.e. lighting, filtration substrate, amount of LR etc people can offer better advice in response to your posts.

Just a thought.

I only float the coral for 30 min to bring up the temp and I also put some flatworm exit in the bag to kill off any FW.. Never acclimated corals and never will.. Never lost a coral. But if you want too its not a bad idea... I know people who acclimate everything...

Back
Top Bottom