Adding another clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a tank raised false percula clown established in the tank. I was wondering if I would be able to add another false percula clown? I'm worried about them fighting. If it's okay to add, then should the second one be bigger or smaller?

In addition, the current clown has taken up residence in my colt coral (not very good for the colt) and I was wondering if the second would also follow suit and host with the colt coral.

TIA

second one should be smaller, by a large degree in my experience. He might take up residence in the colt or he might not, hard to say.

I have a 2.5" maroon. It's been in the tank for a year. It's a 4ft tank. Can I add another significantly smaller maroon? I saw a 3/4 inch baby maroon at the LFS.

How's the procedure?

I don't think he's hurting the colt because the polyps are still open. I think he's probably just irritating it more than anything. I've seen him nip at the polyps a few times but in general he just swims through it.

I was worried that if I add another clown of the same species they would double up on the colt. Best case scenario would be if the new guy got the old one out of there.

So is the consensus that the second fish should be much smaller?

Back
Top Bottom