Airstone's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pinky77

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys i am just after treating my 20g reef tank for red slime algae with this treatment it advises that you use a air pump with airstone and not to rely on just flow as it oxydises the algae.i was just wondering if it would be a good idea to leave the air pump runing just for extra nitregan release an to give the tank a bit more oxygen for my corals does anyone think this would have a negative effect on them ie to much oxygen i have one fish at the minute a sulpher goby that enjoys bathing in the bubbles lol it's quit funny to eatch any ideas let me know cheers .....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Thats a great question Pinky77, I have wondered about this very thing for my reef tank, I have looked a many photos and you just don't see hobbyist using the airstones and wands in their tanks like in freshwater setup. I would think that it would cause additional salt scum to form as the bubbles break near and at the surface. Anyway just my .02. Looking to see what other have to say.

Yea like to hear the veiws on this i know you can get a clamp for the air tubeing to adjust the rate of bubbles looking forward to the replys i dont use a skimmer it seems to keep the surface clear aswell maybe because we do pwc weekly it maynot affect it at all just a guess .......

you will have a nasty salt creep buildup all over everything in no time at all. bad idea. a power head breaking the water surface works better.

Yea i thought it might i use a vortec mp10 wave pump i have it on tsm mode it agatates the surface very nicely and the corals love it ........

Back
Top Bottom