Algae Identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't add to links...

*sigh* I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.. but I've attempted a few times to add it to the links section and each time I get this response:
Enter A valid Description.
Possible Hack Attempt!!
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Back

here is what I was trying to put in the description:

AlgaeBase is an electronic store of information on the algae of the world and includes terrestrial, marine and freshwater forms. Currently, the data for seaweeds are most complete, but data on other algae are accumulating continuously.

This site has a very useful search by image feature to help in identifying algae.

any thoughts?

I have seen this error once before. I am not aware nor can I find a fix. The best I can tell its not all the time and it does not happen to everyone.

ill add this one

Ok. Its been fixed. It was as a result of a security patch I installed on the links software a while back. It basicly was not allowing any puncutation in the descriptions so anything that had a . ? ' ! was disallowed and causing the error. I have corrected teh script so it will now allow basic puncuation.

Thanks fishfreek!

uh oh... just noticed.. you have it as .com, should be .org :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom