Algae Pack Comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just put together my algae pack and wanted some input or comments about what I have put together. This is for a 100 gallon (120 lbs live rock, 100lbs CC substrate 4.5") I plan to stock this tank as a full blown reef and don't want anything that is going to be offensive to any corals, fish, other inverts. Any suggestions?

(25) Scarlet Hermits
(35) Red Tip Hermits
(30) Dwarf Zebra Hermits
(25) Turbo Snails
( 8 ) Margarita Snails
(2) Abalone Snails
(4) Red Foot Moon Snails
(2) Lettuce Nudi's
(4) Emerald Mithrax Crabs

Thanks!

id go alot more snails !! go with more small hermits and unless your over flows are screened and ph as well the nudi's would become lunch for either the ph or the overflow for sure @!!! reeftopia has 100 astrea snail for like $25 after adding them to my 90 dont have to scrape algae off the glass any more :)

Well I did some more research and changed it up a bit. I have read people going backwards and forwards about hermits and how they are a gamble, but im risking it for the diversity the little guys add to the tank. I love to watch them. I adjusted my algae pack to the following. Please let me know what you think.

Hermits:
(60) Blue Legs
(14 each) Scarlets, Red Tips, and Dwarf Zebras
(couple dozen empty shells to take the heat off the snails)

Snails:
(15) Nerite
(25) Cerith
(50) Turbo
(10) Maragrita
(2) Pacific Conchs

Thanks again!

if ya go with just the small/micro hermits they wouldnt kill any snails due to that the shells would be to big for them anyway !!! its the large hermits that are the bigger issues !!

if ya go with just the small/micro hermits they wouldnt kill any snails due to that the shells would be to big for them anyway
my zebra hermits as well as my Blue legged hermit both have killed snails in my tank...

unless your over flows are screened and ph as well the nudi's would become lunch for either the ph or the overflow for sure
Mine are not screened off and he has NEVER gone anywhere near the powerhead.. he stays on the rock and glass thats it.. They dont like too much flow hints the reason they wont go near the PH's in the system

James

my zebra hermits as well as my Blue legged hermit both have killed snails in my tank...

Have you noticed any problems other than snails? More importantly have they messed with any corals?

Have you noticed any problems other than snails
Not really except whelks the astreas can knock over corals but mine is about 2" and doesnt seem to cause problems

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom