All my sps corals are dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
All my sps' are dying!! How can I save them? Break off what's still alive?

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think is the problem?

Post your tank setup and parameters along with pics to show placement.

Well. I have been raising the mag with kent tech m to get rid of hair algae.. Slowly dosing for 2 weeks now only to get it up to 1400.. It also dropped my Kh to a 5 but brought that back up. .. I'm beginning to think the bottle I bought off eBay may not be kent tech m.... Mags not raising and now my sps are dying from the bottom up.. I stopped dosing and did a water change yesterday. But the one sps that is dying now is still going.. A digitada is slowing down.. Seems its trying to fight off its death
All params are normal. All the ones that are dying are almost at the highest point of the tank. But I'm going to say its not the lights. There led dimmables and I'm running them 50% white. 80 blue.. Par levels at the top of the live rock is 300

Sounds like you had an alk swing and now the sps are going through slow tissue necrosis (stn). Keep alk stable and frag the coral a little above where the dead area is

Ok thank you! I will read up on it and tonight I will start kalk dosing again. And take the coral over to the pet shop to have them fragged

Back
Top Bottom