anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreak1961

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any suggestions as to what kind of anemone I can keep.
36 gal tank, T5HO lighting fixture, AquaC skimmer,
#1 powerhead. I have 2 lonely clowns wanting a home.
Any equipment suggestions? I have tried with no luck.
Riteri is definitely out. Just killed one. Left my tank
unplugged all nite after I did a water change. DUH!
Surprised everyone else survived that!
Not a good habitat for it anyway. Didn't do my research.

There is no guarantee that the clowns will host the anenome. They would not do it for me. I would say if you have the lighting then to get a bubble tip anenome but as I said if you are getting it for your clowns you might be disapointed.

Mike is right, clowns are quirky. You should buy an aquacultured anemone if you decide to go through with it.

light

Current Nova Extreme T5HO fixture with
One 24 Watt TrueLumen 12K and one 24 watt 460nm Actinic Blue T5 HO fluorescent lamp
Dimensions: 24" x 5.5" x 2"
48 Watts
nothing fancy.
I haven't tried a bubble tip anemone yet. I was surprised my hybrid took
to the riteri. Only took 1 day and they were both in it. The
other one is aquacultured perc.

I don't think thats going to be enough light for any anemone really. IMO a 4-8 bulb T5HO fixture or MH is required.

lighting

Would any corals like that lighting. It isn't too strong for the fish is it?
I time it from 2 - 9:30. I would love aaFeather duster or something exotic
but I want to make sure I have enough light for the animals.
I'll give up on the anemones.

Definitely not enough lighting for an anenome.

agreed.

How deep is the tank? A brown/red bubble tip will be fine with 96 watts of 50/50- I had that set up for a few years at 16" deep. These guys are now in the "big tank" at 32" depth now, 3 yrs later, with much better lighting.

remember this tho, anenome's are usually "old" creatures by any standard when you get them if they are mature (they live over 200 years), they will relocate themselves at will, and they are very specfic about enviroment- each one is an individual- serioulsy. make sure you have good quality live rock for the ane. to locate in.

Perhaps an A/C Sabea, or a Fla. Pink to start out with- they are much easier to keep.

sure if it's a tue H.O fixture, and considering the fixture, it seems not - this makes a huge difference, but, there are vast differencces between the two.

Back
Top Bottom