Anemone ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this a few months ago and was told it is a pink bubble tip.. Why does it look nothing like the other bubble tips I have? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389658739.500500.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389658756.195235.jpg

I was told it was a pink.. And its cokir is pink.. but doesnt look like tge rose.. My rose bubbles are much darker
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389659851.627627.jpg

I googled pink bubble rip last night. And a ton of pink bubble tips popped up......

I googled pink bubble rip last night. And a ton of pink bubble tips popped up......

They are either Haitians or lightly bleached RBTA, there are GBTA which are brownish to green and there are RBTA which are varying shades of bright and deep red, no such thing as a PBTA

RBTA and GBTA:

img_2791008_0_d94c25241f00ee8f6cd0e83039fa611f.jpg
[/URL]

Is this going to be a permanent color than for it? The guy I bought it from had many of these that all looked like this. He said they were all splits from the same group

I've had this one for 4 months now and it seems to look very happy. It hasn't moved since the second day I got it

How would I get that to it? I'm running led dimmables on the tank

pristine stable water conditions and the proper lighting, and light (small) twice a week feedings, brine size, healthy nems never need fed, give it all the above and it should produce more zooanthellae which is the color in a nem. The brighter and deeper red it is, the healthier it is. What is your lighting and tank information. They produce their zooanthellae from feeding off your light spectrum, thats why lighting is so critical to their survival.

Well, if the other anemones are doing fine under this light it should as well. It's got to repopulate itself. This takes time. The guy who sold you the anemone that had a few of them were most likely because one split many times due to stress. IMO, all of his anemones are under the weather a bit.
Feeding it tiny pieces of food a couple times a week would help too.

I'm running 2 led dimmables . Taotronics . Tank is a 55 with 5 bta's 2 tomato clowns a chromis and flame angel. Plus crabs and snails. I change 10 gallons a week. I do run a canister filter on it. But clean it every 2 weeks. Protein skimmer. And 2 hydor 750 power heads

I feed the tank 1-2 times per week and feed the nems once per week. Small penny size pieces of a shrimp scallop and white fish mash I made

I would stick with brine shrimp size of food, just swirl Mysis or Brime around the nem, they should be sticky and they will work the food to their mouth. It takes a lot of energy for the to digest big foods. Curious do you other bta's have good color?

This one is the first one that split. The 2 walked away from each other for a week. But met up in the middle and now they lay against each other ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389710381.219755.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389710451.578492.jpg
This last pic is the other day. The bottom nem split so you can see the two smaller ones.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389710482.746334.jpg

And they are sticky. They grab the food like its there job! ( The penny size chunks) Haha and eat it within 5 minutes and go back to there normal selves.

They look good, I would just stick with brime size foods, I actually never feed mine, notice the difference in the bulbs, it happened after switching from mh to led's, nothing else changed, starting to wonder if its a spectrum thing that makes the bulb, but the gbta never has

img_2791089_0_7c3fd89f4fabf6fc1fc63cfdb167276e.jpg
[/URL]

img_2791089_1_94b4f52267895c8bd0b1ffb9b4d0a21b.jpg
[/URL]

That's awesome!! That's how I want my tank! All bta's!.. How many clowns do you have?

Back
Top Bottom