anemones or corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownface

Aquarium Advice Regular
i picked up my coralife 192 watt light now what is my next move the tank has been running for 9months i want to start with a anemones or coral the tank is a 46 bow front,any suggestions would help thank y

I would start with a few soft corals..(xenia, leather..etc) See how that goes and then move your way up to LPS (trumpet, brain...etc) After that, if you think you're ready, research anemones that will be ok in 4 wpg, and go from there.

just remember anemones move when they want to corals dont
i have 1 condi and the rest of the tank gets rearanged when ever he desides to move a couple inches bit of a pain but atleast it dosent move much once it finds a spot

great suggestions. Start with some mushrooms and zoos. Move into some LPS corals. A nice BTA down the road...

I would skip the softies and go right for LPS. Frogspawn, trumpet, open brain, lobo, favia ... Xenia is like the weed of the industry, moves wherever it wants to, etc. A nice leather or two would be ok. I've never been a big fan of zoos, but really love a nice shroom.

i have a dumb ? what do u feed corals? is lighting the source to feed?, or nothing ?

Depends on the coral. I would suggest a copy of Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals for complete captive care info.

Are anemones really that bad? Is the main difference that the anemone can move? I was planning on picking up a rose anemone for my clown.

Back
Top Bottom