Another % PWC Suggestions for my tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
132g 6 foot FOWLR tank. How often do you guys think I need to do PWC? And how much? Tank set up for 3 weeks now.

How soon to clean up the canister filters? I am running 2 of them now. That is the only filteration I have got, no skimmer, no sump, no fuge.

My LFS suggested me if I want to keep lots of fish I need lots of biological filteration and need at least 2 canister filter otherwise the fishes will get sick very quick. I was thinking of running it just by using LR and a skimmer but he said that is for lightly fish stocking tank mainly for coral.

I used to do PWCs once a month. I do them every 3 weeks now. I clean out my canister every PWC.
weekf said:
My LFS suggested me if I want to keep lots of fish I need lots of biological filteration and need at least 2 canister filter otherwise the fishes will get sick very quick.
This can be true. If you have a heavy bioload, you can counter this by doing more frequent PWCs, if you decide to remove the filters and add more LR. In this case, testing the water frequently will help you to determine your tank's needs.

weekf said:
My LFS suggested me if I want to keep lots of fish I need lots of biological filteration

He was right but you could have done it with proper amount of LR.

I don't exactly know the weight or how much. you can see in my picture gallery section.

Back
Top Bottom