any coral which clownfish likes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gilly

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to buy some corals and not an anemone becoz i heard its difficult to raise an anemone. I want a coral which would be like an anemone for a clown.

They will sometimes bond with a toadstool leather coral.

Corals can be difficult too , so do some research before buying.

Joanne

Clownfish will definately be attracted to a goniopora. However, gonioporas have a poor record of survival in the aquarium and some say that the resident clown will eventually kill the goniopora by causing it to keep its tentacles retracted. I had a pair host a goniopora for over a year with no sign of deterioration of the coral. Clowns may also host a condy anemone (which is easier to care for than clownfish-hosting anemones), hairy mushroom, toadstool leather, elegance , frogspawn, hammer, or anchor corals.

Based on my tank, my clowns love my hammer coral and torch coral just as muc as they do my BTA.

I have a tank full of Corals and my Clown hosts a PH. I moved my Toadstool right under his PH hoping he will make the move. You will find that every Clown has a personality of their own.

Mine stays right beside my PH too. It is kind of pitiful. He has a whole take full of places he could go and chill but he chose the most obvious place to hang out

[quote Clowns may also host a condy anemone (which is easier to care for than clownfish-hosting anemones),.[/quote]

Ditto here. My daughter's tank has a purple condy which is currently hosting a sebae and a percula at the same time. The condy is thriving under 50/50 and 18,000k bulbs. The condy has almost tripled in size.

Back
Top Bottom