Any luck breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IMPERATORFAN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone ever had any experience breeding? Several years back, I was lucky enough to have a pair of blue damsels lay eggs in one of those large purple barnacles. It was really great watching it happen over time. We had no idea what they were doing. One (I'm guessing the male) would start things off by swimming in and out of the barnacle real fast. The blue body color would become much darker and he would start to get splotches of white spots on him. Then the other would start darting in and out of the barnacle with him. After about a month of this foolishness, we noticed dozens of little black eggs in the barnacle. It was awsome. Unfortunately, I stepped in at this point and ruined everything. I moved the eggs to a quarantine tank because I was afraid that when they finally hatched, they'd get sucked right into the overflow or be eaten and I'd never get a chance to see them. Something went wrong in the quarantine, cause they never hatched ... but my wife and I were charged up about the fact that they made the eggs anyway. I'd love to hear from anyone who's had any success breeding any kind of SW fish and how they did it.

A lot of clownfish are being bred. Some gobies to ecspecially the neons. Angels have also been bred, but not in the average home aquarium obviously.

Back
Top Bottom