any tips on glueing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lordviporscorpi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have glue but one the glue hits the water its like it wont stick to anything but my fingers.

is there a method behind glueing

You have to get the real thick stuff.Try a different brand. The ESV zap glue works great.

dry the rock and put the glue on. Blow on the glue and wait till it dries a little, them put the other dry end to it. You must do this above water.

the GEL superglue is good for this. use ample amounts. put a big dollup of it where you want.

I do most of my gluing out of the water unless the rock im trying to glue to is to large to remove.

I put a little superglue gel on the rock and then place the coral frag on top of the gel. I then immediately dunk the frag into the water. The water sets the glue upon contact. If you leave the rock and frag out of the water very long the glue will burn your coral.....dunking them into the tank water quickly solves this problem. HTH

The water sets the glue upon contact. If you leave the rock and frag out of the water very long the glue will burn your coral.....dunking them into the tank water quickly solves this problem.

Thats a great tip I forgot to mention.

Back
Top Bottom