Anybody else not like to keep Turbos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

No matter what I do my Turbos move stuff around in my tank. Now that I have corals, I am not combfortable with this. Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue or what they did?

The mexican turbos are a very large snail. They can move things. I have not had it happen but a couple of times over several years. They do a very nice job cleaning..you might want to re evaluate how you are seating your corals in the rock. If that doesnt find a solution for you, there are much smaller ones out there to choose from.

I believe I have the Regular turbos, and have never had a problem with them moving things around. Hara Is correct, they do a wonderful job at cleaning, and last longer than any snail i've bought.

Yeah, I have turbos too. You buy them small, about half an inch or so, and a few years later you have these rather large inch-to-two inch snails that are very strong and can pull stuff down in your tank.

I guess it is a trade off of sorts - these things are efficient, long-lived snails and do a great job, but they can get rather large and knock stuff all over the place. Not as bad as a cowrie, but almost as bad.

I still have them in my tank, but it is something you should be aware of I guess before you buy them.

David

I really liked them alot. The guy at the LFS gave me 4 ceriths for them. They have a no return after 72 hrs but I am there alot.

I am waiting for an order from Dr Fosters and I did order underwater epoxy. After I secure the LR I will buy 2 again. They were great cleaners and real cool to watch especially at night.

Lesson learned #1,022 Secure Coral and small LR with epoxy...

yeah, that is why I did not want to glue them. I have a bunch of small pieces all stacked against the glass. They are not going to fall but a turbo could easily knock a few off the top or onto my corals.

I ordered the epoxy for securing corals originally, not small pieces of LR. I figured eventually I will want to have a new look, although ever since one destroyed the shape I just can't get it right!

Back
Top Bottom