Anyone have experience with a blue linckia star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has been running for 6 months. I have learned how to keep it "stable".
There is no substitute for time. Although water parameters may test "good" there is still a lot of nasty stuff in newer systems. Also after LR is harvested, shipped dry, put through a cycle, etc, etc., it takes months for the life forms to return ie. the film algae the star feeds from, no matter how much you have.
Here is a link describing "Tank Maturity" and the processes that produce it. www.talkingreef.com -Podcast episode 12 It's def. worth listening to.

I listened to the podcast. You know if I am able keep this starfish alive I am going to harass you. :) Yeah..Yeah.. I know. I am not holding my breath. From researching them, a lot of the problem is handling prior to actually receiving them. I may be doomed before I start. :?

Brenden said:
You know if I am able keep this starfish alive I am going to harass you.
Feel free! I'm glad you listened to the podcast. I thought it was very informative and in a convenient format. Honestly- best of luck w/ the star.
I just don't like to put $$ signs in front of an animals worth. Especially animals like Blue Linckia's that are not/can not be captive bred, not to mention extremely delicate. Therefore "harvesting" has a direct impact on natural reefs. Best of luck and happy reefing :wink: .

Back
Top Bottom