Anyone keep a rock flower anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I just added one to my nano, and planned for it to host a sexy shrimp or porcelain crab. Anyways the thing won't attach, he didn't bury his foot, nor will he attach to a rock. I did feed him (since he was in a tank with minimal light) He ate, then this morning spit out the food. Not really sure what he wants at this point. Im wondering if I should just bury the foot. I can't find any info on captive care so if anyone can help id appreciate it.

Heres a pic of him last night expelling the food. ( piece of fish flesh)

0.jpg

I would just give it a little more time. Assuming you acclimated properly it might just take a few days. I have two in my 75 now and they are doing great. One buried its foot in the substrate where I put it and had not moved. The other moved about 6" up to the glass and anchored there.

What did you try feeding? I no longer direct feed mine expect for an occassional small piece of frozen krill if I think of it. These are probably the hardiest of all anenome even especially in low light. Some sort of anemome crab would be good. One of mine has one that stays with it constantly.

Good luck,

Aaron

I fed it a piece of frozen fish. He still sticks his mouth out a little every now and then. He still hasn't attached. He has 6.4 watts/ gallon of PC. Im going to put him in the corner this way he can choose the glass or the sand. I figure the longer he stays unatached the more stressed he is. Im getting him a host for sure. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom