Anyone use GreenEx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogden10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Porcupine Puffer that I love dearly, however he seems to have an affliction for ich...

I have treated him in a QT tank with Copper 3 times now and he seems to be fine after about 3 weeks I put him back in the main tank, and he is great for a month or so, and then gets the ich again. Not a single one of my other fish has ever gotten the ich. In talking with the guy at my LFS yesterday he said that I should just treat him in the main tank with GreenEx. He assured me that it is safe for all inverts (including my anemones and urchins) and the only think it would hurt is live corals. He said that he treats all his tanks with it. So I purchased a bottle of it thinking I would try it...

Since then I have went to put the drops in 3 times, and always stopped. I am paranoid about putting it in my tank! Anyone have any experience with this stuff? Or would you recommend something else. I know everyone will say the hospital tank is the best way.....but assume for a second you were not going to do that......then what?

TIA
Kevin :multi:

The problem is all the fish need to be removed to QT and treated, not just the puffer. The other fish are acting a carriers and keeping the ick in the tank. Also you should be aware that puffers are scaleless fish and should not be treated with copper, they should be treated with hyposalinity.

Thanks for the advice.

I would still like to know if there is anyone out there who can give me some feedback about the GreenEx. I would like to try it out, but like I said I am reticent until I can get some feedback other then from the LFS.

Thnks

Perhaps, I wasn't clear, as a matter of fact, I know I wasn't. No meds are recommended for treating scaleless fish for external parasites.

I have had a couple of outbreaks of ich over the past few months and each time my cleaner shrimp cleaned the fish and I feed garlic soaked food. My lfs lady who seems very knowledgable swears by garlic soaked food!

Back
Top Bottom