anyone's cleaner shrimp do this to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My cleaner shrimp is obsessed with me. Everytime I put my hand in the tank, he swims over to me and hops on it. The only difference today was he found a small hangnail that I didn't know I had... I usually humor him and let him stay on my hand for a couple of seconds, but he found my hangnail, and all of a sudden gave it a good tug. It surprised me cause I wasn't paying any attention to him, I was watching my CB. :)

Guess I gotta check for small hangnails before putting my hands in anymore... it kinda hurt but was pretty funny.

Mine did this, i was never up on getting a manicure...maybe this could turn into a new business idea..... :wink:

also my Blue Tang used to nip at my fingers (usually trying to get at the lettuce i was holding, lol, but still)

My cleaner did as well, he would even start picking under my fingernails.

Hmm, cleaner shrimp manicure.. you could be on to something :)

I call this "stupid shrimp tricks" and often stick my hand in the tank for visitors. :) Everyone is always amazed when he hops on my hand and runs up and down my arm. I guess people don't tend to associate animals in a saltwater tank with being that interactive or tame.

Always a good conversation piece. ;)

- Aaron

Mine do this as well in both of my reefs. My shy blod shrimp has even taken part. I do like the feeling.

Yes Both my pair of skunks and fires do the same thing. I fires tend to go back into hiding once they figure out I dont have any food for them. The skunks on the onther hand just love climbing on me and picking.

My cleaner loves it when i put my hand in there. It didn't used to but my friend watched my tank for a few weeks and i guess he was doing it and now everytime stick my hand in there he goes for a ride/lunch while i do what i have to do in the tank. they are really cool!

Back
Top Bottom