Banggai Cardinals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gregcoyote

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just added 5 Banggai Cardinals, tank bred, they came in pretty large, over a inch.
Very peaceful fish that are taking frozen brine shrimp already.

I also included a shot of my starburst polyps that are now over 10" long.

Attachments

• image-3189315129.jpg
    image-3189315129.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 338
  • image-855049307.jpg
    image-855049307.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 326
Pardon the algae at the bottom. I don't scape it as often as I should as the Tangs love to pick at it. Most of the algae is grown in my turf scrubber and thrown away or fed back.

Just shot this;

I mention the Zoas in the video, I meant to be describing the mushrooms. My bad.

Gregcoyote said:
Pardon the algae at the bottom. I don't scape it as often as I should as the Tangs love to pick at it. Most of the algae is grown in my turf scrubber and thrown away or fed back.

Just shot this;

I mention the Zoas in the video, I meant to be describing the mushrooms. My bad.

Great tank,what kind of parrot you got?

I have two, raised from chicks. A 28 year old Blue and Gold McCaw and a Senegal Grey Parrot that is 16 years old.
Never acquire a pet that will outlive you.

Gregcoyote said:
I have two, raised from chicks. A 28 year old Blue and Gold McCaw and a Senegal Grey Parrot that is 16 years old.
Never acquire a pet that will outlive you.

So it is never quite at your home.LOL

A place in NC where I used to live and buy from had a Cockatoo at his home/shop and it would sit on the side of one tank and let the cleaner shrimp clean his feet.Funny to watch.

Now that's something you would remember. My banded coral shrimp is only out at night, so I can't imagine him cleaning my birds feet, or even weirder is my bird standing in the tank and allowing it to happen. Kind of like a scuba diving cat.

How long did it take the mushrooms to spread like that? I've had a blue and a green ricordia for a month or so now and they have not even moved off of there frag plugs.

Gregcoyote said:
Now that's something you would remember. My banded coral shrimp is only out at night, so I can't imagine him cleaning my birds feet, or even weirder is my bird standing in the tank and allowing it to happen. Kind of like a scuba diving cat.

Lol,the bird never actually got in the tank.It would perch itself on the top corner of the tank he kept skunk cleaner shrimp to sell in.The shrimp would come up and clean the back claws that be in the water a little.

Tank is awesome. Doesn't look like it's 300 gallons tho. Probably because of the shape.

I should stand next to it. The front is three sided, the pictures don't show that well. It's actually 285 gallons in the display tank and a 75 gallon sump, so to be corrected, it is a 285.

Yeah sometimes pictures have no justice. I also find that whenever youo actually see the fishes in person the colors are way better

Kalkwasser, or a two part calcium supplement if I get too lazy to mix up Kalkwasser. I add Sea Chem buffer occasionally to keep the ph stable at 8.3-8.4. 15% water change about every 10 days. Back in the day I use to dose a lot of stuff, some helped, but much of it was pretty worthless. Water changes regularly will reduce most problems. I do soak my food in Reef Complete before feeding.

Greg, Im pretty new to the board and have never commented in a thread, but your tank is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the kind words. It has over the years gone thru a lot of changes. But it is like my parrot, once you are in, you are in. The parrot will live to be 80 and the reef could (practically) last as long as it is cared for. So you had better enjoy it once you commit to a big tank. It was grown from frags over years.

Back
Top Bottom