best food options...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfed

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i recently purchased an australian copperband butterfly, a coral beauty angelfish, and a purple firefish.

general thoughts/suggestions for the best brand and types of food on the market for these guys.

i know the the copperband butterfly feeds on crustaceon flesh, mysid shrimp, and brine. the firefish feeds on zooplankton which i have some of and the coral beauty is of course an herbivore.

"tanks" alot :wink:
Mike

Blood worms and cyclopeeze for the copperband. The others should eat anything that hits the water. Just try to mix it up a little so they get a varied diet. I primary use frozen foods (mysis, brine, etc) I limit flake to once a week. What size tank is this? Do not stock too quickly.

The coral beauty angelfish primarily eats algae and will graze on the algae growing on your live rock.You can also get some dried marine seaweed and use a veggie clip to place it in the tank.

The Purple Fire Fish are carnivores.... they eat brine, mysid shimp, pods......

I have a Fire Fish and he doesn't care too much for flake... I mostly give him brime or pods from my fuge

For the angel I would recommend a frozen food specifically for angels(ie. Ocean Nutrition "Angel Formula") as a part of the diet. They contain not only algae but also sponges, which are a natural part of an angels diet. I agree w/ Brenden, the firefish will eat just about anything IME. I'm not familiar w/ CB's. A varied diet is the optimal choice for most tanks. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom