Brine shrimp feed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hakan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

I have a clown fish and a longnose hawkfish in my 130litre tank.
I have Aquaone frozen brine shrimp cubes... There is 0.9% fat and 6.1% protein. Is it worth feeding this to my fish or should i just continue feeding them NEW LIFE SPECTRUM Thera A.?
Does live brine shrimp have much nutritional value? Perhaps i should buy live brine shrimp for my fish.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Feeding NLS really cuts out the need for supplemental feeding. i would feed the brine you have left as a treat just to get rid of it.

I'm not sure on the nutrition of live brine, but I wouldn't think it was that much higher.

Hope that helped a tad. :)

No live brine is not normally nutritional, if you feed the growing brine a good diet loaded with vitamins then they are more nutritious.

My suggestion is to purchase some mysis shrimp, they are very nutritious. Then you can switch up their diet a bit between flakes and mysis.

I feed a variety of foods, and I rotate frozen brine, mysis, clam, squid, I always soak with Seachem Reef Plus, i also rotate New Life Spectrum onnce a week I feed the corals some flake food or cyclopeeze. The problem with NLS and Flake foods is they are usually in PHOSPHATES where the frozen foods are not if you wash them off with RO/DI water. I usually let mine soak in a coffee filter over a glass and let the water flow through and then add the thawed food to the tank

Ok thanks guys for the help.
What about glass shrimp, are they nutritous for my longnose hawk?
I havent been able to find mysis shrimp where i am from.
Also when you say i feed my fish squid is that just fresh squid from the local fresh fish shop? Does it have much nutrition?

Mysis are one of the best, if not the best food in my opinion for fish. They have it everywhere in Texas...Petco, petsmart, LFS, you name it. I would think squid would have lots of nutrition and i dont know about glass shrimp but my LFS sells them

By the way we are talking about frozen cubes of mysis shrimp, just to be clear haha not live. I have also tried the frozen squid cubes, I find they are really clumpy though and you have to cut them up before feeding or the pieces are too large, I use them to feed my anemones mostly now.

Back
Top Bottom