brs group buy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just did one earlier in the month. You might ask Carey when she plans to do the next one. I think she might have said she was going to do one in February, as long as she got enough people.

Alright thanks sounds good ill contact carey. I have missed the last 3 and want to get in on one soon

I was hoping to do a group buy in february. :) I actually need some stuff soon from them as well.

I'm in if you do need a bigger better light :) ... And does anyone do group buys anywhere that sells corals and other livestock?

I've tried to contact retailers for live fish and coral but no one will do a group buy. It's too much hassle for them. The only group buy we can do is if one person receives all the goods and then forwards them to the appropriate party. Good if you live close to each other but not good for us here as we are worldwide. LOL

Just looked at the calendar and I think February 14th sounds like a good day for the next group buy. :) Nothing better than shopping for fish gear on Valentines Day!!

I'll post a thread soon and we can get going. I figure give people a week or two to decide and to make up their minds. LOL

I am trying to remember if the RKE was discounted for the group buy. I'm going to be getting one next week unless someone tells me they're discounted for the group buy... then I might wait.

I don't think they discount those or the vortechs. All map pricing I think. In fact, I'm sure they dont discount now that I think about it. when i set the very first buy i up I specifically asked. lol

Finally going for the rke? I thought you liked the apex one?

No. lol. I started looking at the apex after several recommended it. To an IT guy, sure... but I am NOT an IT person.

Here's an example of how to program the apex to do something -

Fallback ON
Set ON
If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF; turns skimmer off if power has been off longer than a minute
If Outlet Return_Pump = OFF Then OFF; turns skimmer off if return pump is off
If Outlet Skimmer_Full = ON Then OFF; turns off if skimmer cup is full
If Outlet ATO = ON Then OFF; turns off when ATO is on (kalk in ATO sometimes makes it overflow)
If FeedA 060 Then OFF
If FeedB 060 Then OFF
If FeedC 010 Then OFF
If FeedD 010 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON; stays off for at least 5 minutes

The RKL/RKE user interface just seems more user friendly to me.

omg. I am SOO sooo glad I went with the rke. lol That stuff above gives me a headache. LOL

You can either use the keypad or just connect it to a laptop with a usb and use the program you download from the website and can program it really easy that way. It's literally point and click. :)

I love mine, wish i could afford some modules right now but I'm working on a new build and you know how that can be. I'm still planning on getting the MLC moonlight and the sl2 so i can monitor the salinity. So many options with it. I'm also thinking of running a line from the rke to the new 60g tank and running that one off it as well. HAHA...thats my plan anyways

Feb 14th is a perfect day seeing as its my birthday my wife can't complain about how much I spend then. All I have to say is its my birthday present to myself lol

Hey Carey can you send me a pm when you post for the group buy please. I really don't want to miss it again. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom