Bubble coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wlng3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently acquired a bubble coral - plerogyra and I have been reading about it. Someone mentioned that it should be fed with brine shrimp, krill etc but am I meant to feed it directly like an anemone or just feed the water?

Someone also mentioned that the sting can be poisonious!!!!

Please help

Some people can have an allergic reaction to the netocysts produced by any coral, but most don't even feel them, the bubble coral is no different. If you are a highly allergic person, you should take precautions and use shoulder length plastic gloves when working in your tank.

I never directly fed my bubble corals, they would grab and eat food when I fed the tank and they are photosynthetic, I never had an issue, and all the bubble corals I've owned have grown very quickly and very large.

I feed mine a piece of krill every week or so when I remember, but like reefrunner said you dont need to directly feed them. So far i've never got stung and if I did...i never felt it :D

Rich

You dont have to but I take a turkey baster and shoot some brine shrimp at my bubble coral once a week. So many corals in my tank I want to make sure. Have a good day

Back
Top Bottom